Last week I was still recovering from being sick, but it was a massive hustle week. Very busy on the work front developing proposals and getting projects happening.
We got our Yubico YubiKeys and have started migrating everyone to multi-factor authentication. I am trying to get some time to start testing out things like using the YubiKey for managing SSH keys and even PGP keys! Ultimately I would like to have everyone using FlowCrypt with PGP keys on the YubiKey to make working in Australia a bit more secure.
Flashback is in two weeks and I met up with the organisation team on Friday night. Great to see everyone and see how things are heating up. Visited the venue and it’s fantastic – located about 5 minutes walk from Redfern station. Really looking forward to this year’s event. Check out some of the activities:
- We have music, graphics and multiple coding competitions
- There is a retro museum with loads of nostalgic hardware
- This year we have retro-gaming compos on the big screen
- A demoscene documentary called ‘How to be a Demoscene King‘ is having debut screening at the event
- There is also fireside chats with your favourite Aussie ‘sceners’ to get to know about their past and experiences in the demoscene
- Epic VR playgrounds using latest gear thanks to Virtual Immersive
- We have ‘adopt a noob’ where if you’re new to the whole concept of the demoscene you get paired with someone so you can get into it
- Secure outdoor area
- Loads of other fun and games plus lots of space to get your competition entries done if you love to crunch…
So, basically, I have been cramming karate training for grading which is in about 4 weeks and writing code for Flashback competitions into all spare time…